VHS to DVD - best software, hardware, PC
Todd4
2013-06-25 16:41:51 UTC
I have a fairly good setup for converting VHS tapes to DVD, however
the video is a little shaky and there is a flickering line all the way
on the bottom of the video.

The system is HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC, AMD Phenom II N830 Triple
Core Processer 2.10GHz, 4GB RAM, 64 bit operating system.

The software I have is Debut and also Cyberlink PowerDirector.

The adapter: Adesso AD 200 Video Capture Express USB Analog Video
Input Adapter. I also tried a Honestech adapter, but the video on the
screen was terribly choppy and unacceptable.

Is my problem with my computer? What setup do the pros use?
Alex Alexander
2014-03-12 13:45:40 UTC
There are a number of products available at Walmart: DVD recorders, DVD / HDD recorders, even VHS/DVD recorders in one unit to do one-step copying (from Magnavox, Toshiba, Philips, etc.). Also, Humax and Toshiba used to make a Tivo with built-in DVD recorder, still available used and refurbished from a number of places. You can also capture video into any Tivo, transfer it to your computer, and burn DVDs. You can use Tivo Desktop software, but I use VideoRedo to edit and burn disks. Straightforward, but time-consuming (then again, you can go do something else. You don't have to sit and watch the transfers take place). For more information http://www.easyreplication.co.uk/dvd-replication